- If you have an hour or so to spare once a month we would love to hear from you. Our volunteers take people to the Medical Centre, to dentist and hospital appointments as well as to local hairdressers and shops. Some volunteers like to do one trip a week, others can only manage one a month.
- Some volunteers work part-time so are only available certain days of the week and some volunteers are only available at certain times of the year or only in school holidays/term times.
- Your commitment can be as much or as little as you like , every little bit helps.
- The Scheme runs using the Fish box, a red card index box containing details of all the volunteer drivers, along with the regular lifts to be organised each week and a chronological list of all the lifts organised in the past year.
- At the beginning of each week the Fish box transfers to the next person on the Telephone Rota.
- Using the list provided each week by the Medical Centre and the information in the box about regular lifts for each week, this person then rings round the volunteer drivers and organises the lifts for that week.
- Most (but not all) of the volunteers on the telephone rota also drive for the Scheme.
Do you know anyone who might be interested in being a volunteer?
- Word of mouth is often the best way to recruit new volunteers.
- If you know someone who might be available as a volunteer for the Scheme please do let us know (See Contact Us) or tell them about this website.